In collaboration with:
Fundación para el Fomento de la Investigación Sanitaria y Biomédica de la Comunitat Valenciana
FISABIO is a non -profit scientific institution, whose primary purpose is to encourage, promote and develop technical scientific investigations, health and biomedical research in Valencia.
FISABIO integrates and manages the map of health research that formed the Centre for Advanced Research in Public Health and the foundations from Dr. Peset University Hospital, University General Hospital of Alicante and General University Hospital of Elche. In addition FISABIO is also responsible for the scientific activities in 18 other health departments.
FISABIO serves more than 1500 health professionals from the Valencia health network; specialists working in research and clinical trials managed through FISABIO.
Since July 1, 2013, FISABIO also manages the healthcare that was carried out by the Ophthalmologic Mediterranean Foundation.
The objectives of FISABIO include:
• Facilitate, promote, develop and execute research plans according to existing research in the Health Department.
• Act as motor centre of scientific and technical research and innovation, providing the necessary measures to promote interaction with research teams located at the Universities, Hospitals, Higher Council for Scientific Research and other institutions.
• To facilitate and promote the training of professionals and researchers in the field of health.
• Perform and promote all kinds of studies that generate knowledge in the field of health care and overall health.
• Cooperate and develop welfare activities.
Participating GIHSN study hospitals:
Hospital General de Castellón
Hospital La Fe
Hospital Doctor Peset,
Hospital General Alicante